The Olive oil in France:
Today, in France, this mythical fruit full of history, is put in light. Quite as big vineyards, the olive oil saw itself attributed a Controlled Label of origin (AOC), according to its region of production.
At present, we count moreover eight varieties of olive oil AOC on the French lands.
Here is below the list of eight oil of French olive *(varieties):
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de Provence” (Bouteillan, Aglandau, Salonenque and Cayon) Main characteristics: fresh Olives and matured, intense fruity, herbaceous notes and aromas of undergrowth and smoked.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de Corse” (d’Alta Rocca (ou di Tallano), Sabina, Zinzala Ghjermana di Casinca, Ghjermana, Capannace, Curtinese) Main characteristics: Black Olives, fragrant Corsican scrub, oil colour bright gold, soft, very aromatic.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de Nîmes” (Picholine) Main characteristics: bright green Olives, aromas of pineapple and plums, hint of bitterness, freshness and softness.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de Nice” (Cailletier) Main characteristics: small Olives, hint of bitterness, fruity sweetness, aromas of fresh almonds, notes of broom.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de Haute Provence” (Aglandau, Bouteillan, Picholine, Tanche) Main characteristics: very aromatic, aromas of tomatoes and artichokes, fruity notes of banana.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive d’Aix-en-Provence” (Anglaudau, Salonenque, Cayanne) Main characteristics: fruity green or fruity black, artichoke aromas, herb oil.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de la vallée des Baux-de-Provence”(Grossane, Salonenque, Béruguette Aglandau, Verdale des Bouches-du-Rhône) Main characteristics: black and green Olives different aromas, sweetness in the mouth, hint of bitterness.
- AOC: “Huile d’olive de Nyons”(La Tanche) Main characteristics: Black Olives, fruit ripe, intense aromas, grassy, pronounced and powerful taste.